A Workshop for Christian Leaders
Online – Zoom meetings with breakout rooms (9:15am – 4pm)
Join us for this interactive two-day workshop designed for lay and ordained Christian leaders. This workshop will cover contemporary topics in the dialogue between Science and the Christian Faith, including Artificial Intelligence, Bioethics, Creation Care, and Response to Disasters.
Participants will be equipped to engage with scientific issues in the day-to-day life of their ministry context.
Speakers and topics include:
Dr Denis Alexander, Pastoral Approaches to Differing Views on Creation
Dr Ruth Bancewicz, Equipping the Church to Engage with Science
Revd Dr Dave Bookless, Good News for God’s Earth? The Church and Creation Care
Prof. Keith Fox, Bioethics in Society
Revd Dr Justin Tomkins, Living with Hope in a World of AI
Prof. Bob White FRS, Disasters, COVID and a Christian Response
Youth and Schools Program Team: Big World, Big Questions: Exploring Science and Faith with Children and Young People
- 9:15 Day starts/Coffee and Introductions
- 9:30-11:00 Equipping the Church to Engage with Science – Dr Ruth Bancewicz
- 11:30-12:30 Disasters, COVID and a Christian Response – Dr Bob White
- 13:30-14:30 Living with Hope in a world of AI – Revd Dr Justin Tomkins
- 15:00-16:00 Pastoral Approaches to Differing Views on Creation – Dr Denis Alexander
- 9:15 Day starts/Coffee
- 9:30-11:00 Big World, Big Questions: Exploring Science and Faith with Children & Young People – Youth & Schools Programme Team
- 11:30-12:30 Good news for God’s earth? The Church and Creation Care – Revd Dr Dave Bookless
- 13:30-15:00 Bioethics in Society – Prof. Keith Fox
- 15:30-16:30 Reflections, Resources and Worship – Dr Ruth Bancewicz
Open to all church leaders – no scientific background required.
Cost: £50 (£30 for those in ministry training)