Faraday Churches is a programme of events, resources and tailored support to help you and your congregation engage with science in fruitful and realistic ways. Whether working at the level of whole denominations, interdenominational organisations, or individual churches, we can offer:
- Training events for church leaders that cover many of the points covered in Our aims for engaging with science, and What everyone should know about science and Christianity.
- An initial conversation about where science affects you, your congregation or organisation, and your wider community. See Where does science affect the life of your church? for some conversation starters.
- Advice on running your own events, outreach, workshops, or other activities.
- Priority places for your leadership team on our regional courses for church leaders, which run over one or two days, or the opportunity to host a course in your area.
- Full or half day training courses for your church members, delivered at your own building or meeting place.
- Recommended speakers for your events, either Faraday staff members or specialist speakers from our wider network (take a look at the topics list).
- Recommended resources from The Faraday Institute and other organisations, including:
- Sunday service material;
- sessions for adult small groups;
- websites, articles, audio, video & books for adults;
- hands-on activities, plays, and other creative ideas;
- new material each month on the churches section of the Faraday Institute website.
- Details of our events and courses across the UK via the Faraday monthly e-newsletter (sign up on the Connect page).
- Individual follow-up and support via email, phone, video call, or face-to-face meeting.
- Are there any other ways in which we can serve you?
Contact Ruth Bancewicz, the Faraday Church Engagement Director, to start the conversation!