The Faraday Institute for Science and Religion is looking for a highly motivated and pro-active individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and a high level of attention-to-detail to join our team as Administrator. This key role supports the wider work of the Faraday Institute by:
• Ensuring the smooth running of our office
• Managing the recruitment process, staff contracts and inductions
• Liaising with our HR provider on legislative requirements
• Liaising with IT on security, license permissions and policies
• Managing Health & Safety and GDPR policies, training and implementation
• Providing PA support to the senior team and managing queries from the public
• Keeping high quality records and minuting of meetings
• Maintaining good relationships with our landlord, local partners and suppliers
• Assisting with smooth running of events and bookstall
The successful candidate will have strong administrative skills and experience as outlined in the job description, will excel in written and verbal communication with a wide variety of people, work well both independently and in a team, and will be in agreement with the Christian ethos of The Faraday Institute.
Salary £28,759 – £32,323 FTE (pro rata) per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
This position will be up to 0.6 FTE (22.5 hours per week) in the first instance and benefits include generous employer’s pension contributions and life insurance cover.
For more information on this role, including a full job description, please visit faraday.institute/vacancies. For queries contact email@example.com
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV naming at least two referees, together with a covering letter summarising the relevance of the applicant’s background and experience for this position, and noting any dates unavailable for interview.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The first round of interviews is expected to be held in mid-June 2023. The preferred start date is 31st July 2023, but an alternative start date can be considered.
If you have any disability-related requirements for your interview, we would be happy to make reasonable adjustments. The interview will be taking place in a building with level access and low-level acoustic room.