A limited number of Faraday bursaries are available to enable applicants from Hong Kong to participate in a Faraday Summer Course. Each bursary will cover:
- The full cost of the Course Fee (including food, accommodation etc) and
- Some or all of the cost of return travel from the country of origin (up to maximum of £1000).
All travel refunds will be made based on the necessary receipts.
Who can apply for a bursary?
Applicants must be:
- Be students at Hong Kong University
- Their level of English must be sufficient to benefit from the course;
After completion of the course, the recipient will agree to publicise the work of the Faraday Institute in their home country.
How to apply
Faraday bursaries are awarded by open competition, the application procedure requires the submission of sufficient information to make assessment equitable. The Faraday Institute emphasises that it cannot engage in any discussion or correspondence about why a bursary application is unsuccessful.
To apply for a Faraday Bursary you need to:
- Fill in the application form and submit online
- Submit your CV and an explanation of how you will benefit from the course (200-400 words)
Bursary applications must be received by 31 January 2021. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held in Hong Kong in February 2021.
Deadlines Bursary applications are now closed for the 2020 Summer Course.